15.10.07

Every Day I Work So Hard...

(Dazed and Confused, Led Zeppelin)

Okay, so I fail at life. And by life I mean music history. I don't get it. I just can't absorb the information. I studied my butt off for a week and a half, and simply could not absorb the information that I needed on the midterm. I sat down, and stared at the questions for a ridiculously long time, and the information just would not come to me. I wonder if that's something to do with learning styles? Some people can't remember numbers and things... I don't remember dates, names... song titles... composers... All in all, I'm in rough shape, in a music history class. It actually makes me really mad. I read the stuff over and over, highlight the text book, rewrite my notes, and I just can't remember the information the next day. It's like my brain just rejects dates and historical events.

I also can't figure out theory... Which is pretty frustrating as well. I'm not as worried about that, because at least I have a few chances, instead of just three gigantic tests of my ability. I definitely have to get on the history essay really early this year, because it looks like it will carry my grade this term. Ew. Well... I guess all I can do is try... and hope there is someone around to kick me in the ass when I slack off.

No comments: