14.10.06

Let Me Sleep On It; I'll Give You an Answer in the Morning.

(Paradise by the Dashboard Light, Meatloaf)

Apparently Joe Alessi* is coming here... To Laurier! Right here! To where I live! I am quite excited about it. But... he is coming on a day when I have a masterclass... So that means that either the masterclass will be postponed (good) or I will have to play for Joe Alessi. (BAD!) That would be the most terrifying thing... I hope not. But.. Joe Alessi! SO EXCITING! Two weeks from now. I am ecstatic.

On a more somber note, I have been thinking a lot lately about all the crazy things that happened between Amanda and I, and how I wish I still had something like that. (Not like what it became, towards the end... but what we had, when we were close.) I have yet to find another person who understands me and cares about me as she did, and that I understand and care about as much as I did. I want to say Marcel does, but it's different. Amanda just knew what I meant, all the time. She could read me like a book, and I her. I really do miss that, even if I don't miss all the mishaps that came with it. It almost makes me wish that I could bring that back. I don't think that I will ever have another friend like her. It's a pity, really. Then I realize that, in the end, that we can't go back, and even if we could, I don't think that I could deal with the stress that came with our relationship. Well, what's done is done, and I can only wonder what would have happened otherwise.


* Arguably the best orchestral trombone player in the world.

No comments: